Thursday, December 24, 2015

Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice


At last, I found the elusive Riced Cauliflower over at Trader Joe's on North Federal Highway here in town ... of course, I only grabbed 8 or so bags but gave away 3 to a friend and now can't locate it again! The dude on the floor warned me that it goes fast when they have it in stock ... no kidding?


I have turned so many people on to this stuff in the past few weeks
that I may never find it again at the Trader Joe's by my house!
*Type 1 Diabetics should be stockpiling this stuff with only 3 grams of carbs per serving!

This isn't really a recipe, so to speak, but more of a process. And I'm looking forward to making it again!


Here's what you need:

1 12 oz bag of riced cauliflower (or you can certainly rice your own, it's just messy)
handful of cilantro
1 lime

Toss your cauliflower rice into a non-stick skillet over medium heat and allow to heat through without messing with it much. I used my Green Pan and didn't use oil or anything else and it was cooked in 15 minutes.


Add the cooked cauliflower to a bowl and toss the cilantro in. Zest your lime, cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves over the rice/cilantro mix.

Give a quick fluff/stir and serve up ;-)

I had made this for Taco Tuesday (which really was a Taco Wednesday) and had a taco bowl - shredded lettuce, "rice" and meat ... can I just tell you how dang happy my tummy was?? It was pretty tasty and I can honestly say that the day of Taco Salads are gone ... I will forever be having taco bowls (ohhh....a knock of Chipotle bowl is in the future!!)

Oh. And by the way? It's Whole30 compliant ;-)

*I will need to start stalking Trader Joes' starting right after the new years as this stuff is on back order and expected delivery is in the first 2 weeks of January ... need to make room in the freezers NOW!

Looking forward to sharing with some of these GREAT Parties ... go check them out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment