Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Straight Up Veggies

I find that when I buy my produce at Whole Foods, sometimes that costs way more than Publix, I use up the veggies instead of letting them linger and go soft on me. You should note though, that there ARE times when Whole Foods is less expensive than the local grocery store chain. For instance, red peppers were $2.99 a pound this past week at Whole Foods, Publix had them at $3.49 a pound ... and the Whole Foods peppers looked a heck of a lot better!

Anyway. All you gotta do is just chop up some red peppers, sweet onions, green peppers, tomatoes (if you like) and cucumbers in to bite size pieces, toss all in a non-reactive bowl ... then mix up the following in a small bowl:

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
generous dash of dried oregano
dash of salt
dash of pepper

Dump this all over the veggies, and IF you have on hand, finely slice fresh basil and garnish.

Mix all well, let it chill (if you can wait!) and serve alongside what ever protein you have on hand!



I couldn't wait for it to chill so I grabbed a small ramekin and served up a mini serving to sample ...yup, it was good!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment