Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Cabbage Salad with Almond Butter Dressing

This turned out to be a really GOOD recipe and I'm always grabbing bags of coleslaw and when I see them, the "asian" cabbage mix bags ... just toss the two smaller bags with the dressing and croutons and go to town to make this!


Here's what you need:

Chopped or shredded cabbage with carrots, etc ... in other words, a bag of coleslaw will work perfect!
cooked chicken, chopped, or in my case, when originally made, cooked turkey
cucumbers, chopped
red or any color peppers, chopped

This was from Costco back when I first made this recipe. I see it now in Target and Publix so look by your salad bags! Toss the dressing packet!

Now, time to make the dressing which really is the star of the salad!

1/3 cup almond butter (make sure you stir it well otherwise it will be real stiff)
garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbs white wine vinegar
juice of one lime
2 tbs coconut aminos
4 tbs avocado oil (or olive oil), enough to make the dressing a little pourable
salt and pepper to taste

Just so you know, coconut aminos are pretty similar to soy sauce ... and since I'm sort of/kind of back on Paleo/Whole30, this was fitting the Whole30 bill to a T.

 
                          Whole Foods                Costco (old pic as now I've got the good                                                                            stuff, JUSTINS!)

Dump all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.

Toss your cabbage mixture into a bowl (serving size or larger to share), top with cucumbers, peppers and chopped turkey. Pour the dressing over all and toss to combine. Honestly? I used my bare hands as my dressing was still a little to thick ... I ended up adding more oil to the dressing to make it thinner.

This is really good and works great with leftover chicken, turkey, pork or, I suppose, even beef if you had!

*I originally made this Thanksgiving weekend and it was PERFECT with the leftover turkey from that big day!

Looking forward to sharing with some of these GREAT Parties ... go check them out!

2 comments:

  1. What a delicious Cabbage Salad and the dressing is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As always, thanks for hosting such a GREAT party every week!

      Delete